Wellness Factors' tele-lunch & learns are hour-long teleconference workshops on health-and-wellness topics that maximize the benefits to participants through distance education tools. Guest speakers are accomplished health experts specialized in group facilitation. The featured topics correspond to the monthly themes in the Wellness Planner.
The Wellness Factors facilitator conducts a 30-minute interactive presentation with the health expert, concluding with a question-and-answer session. Each employee participating in the tele-lunch & learn receives a handout to complete, such as an assessment, to personally engage them in the topic. The Wellness Factors facilitator then directs participants to break into small groups, select a small group leader, and follow the activity page from the handout. This encourages positive group dynamics and peer support. The tele-lunch & learn wraps up with the Wellness Factors facilitator recommending activities to reinforce learning and additional support resources on the health topic at hand. They also preview next month's tele-lunch & learn topic and guest speaker.
How They Work:
- One person from your organization is selected to work with Wellness Factors as the on-site facilitator. The three hour per month work commitment involves securing a meeting room within the workplace, distributing handouts, and directing activities in the lunch-and-learn as requested. If multiple offices are involved, a facilitator will be required for each location.
- Ten days before the lunch-and-learn, Wellness Factors sends an email invitation to the on-site facilitator, who distributes it to all employees.
- On the second Thursday of the month, the on-site facilitator receives a facilitator's package from Wellness Factors, prints copies for each attendee, gathers the group in the designated room, and dials into Wellness Factors' teleconference line with a speaker phone.
- The Wellness Factors facilitator (health expert) conducts a 30-minute interactive presentation, concluding with a Q&A. The on-site facilitator distributes handouts for each participant to complete, such as an assessment, which personally engages them in the topic.
- The Wellness Factors facilitator then directs participants to break into small groups, select a small group leader, and follow the activity page from the handout. This encourages positive group dynamics and support on the topic.
- The lunch-and-learn wraps up with the facilitator recommending activities to reinforce learning and additional support resources.
- Users also preview next month's lunch-and learn topic and speaker.